DD35 – CD transport
DD35 is a full size dedicated CD transport using a state of the art low resonance dedicated CD drive and ultra low noise digital output.
DD35 provides superior digital transport capabilites to virtually any system as a result of its low resonance drive and ultra low noise digital output, and making it the perfect partner for any of the models in the modular line of products: PRE35 preamplifier, I35, and I25 intergrated amplifiers.
The state-of-the-art TEAC dedicated CD drive supplies a jitter free signal to the digital output stage boasting its own discrete power supply, ensuring the most complete and noise free signal is available for the chosen digital to analog conversion stage.
While primarily designed for use with our most recent Prisma range of products, such as the PRE35 preampifer, I25 and I35 integrated amp platforms, DD35 will find a place in any system where the highest quality CD disc digital signal is required.
The look and feel of Scandinavia
We believe that every aspect of our products – the way they look, the satisfying feel of the controls – contributes to the overall experience of living with Primare. As a result, Primare products exude the hallmarks of Scandinavian design – simple, elegant designs, with approachable and easy to understand functionality.
An example of this are the control buttons, carefully crafted to provide the best tactile sense when used – not too large or too small, too soft or too stiff, nor to close to or far from the surface of the faceplate – or as we say lagom, not too much not too little, everything in balance, proportion, and harmony.
Modular Design and System Building
We feel it is essential to offer modularity whenever possible in order to have just the right features, both now and for the future. Modular design is featured in the I25 and I35 modular integrated amplifiers, as well as the PRE35 modular preamplifier, all of which can be updated with DAC and Prisma modules, as well as the CD35 CD player that can have the Prisma module added, either at the time of purchase or at a later date. As a result, we are able to offer a carefully considered array of models and configurations in order to allow for device selection that best fits any system need. For example, a CD35 with Prisma module installed can be paired with an I35 integrated amplifier, allowing for a separation of analog and digital stages. Or, an I35 with DAC and Prisma modules installed can be paired with a DD35 CD transport, allowing for multi-room and multi-zone playback of every input, whether analog or digital source.
I35 Prisma + CD35 Prisma: Primare I35 Prisma and Primare CD35 Prisma set
I35 Prisma illustrates the soul and sense of music with high tonal grip and low sibilance, nicely paints vast music landscapes and, at the same time, provides a naturally fast, transparent and agile sound. What's more, the Swedish integrated has an inexhaustible ability to "revive" recordings. For example, on the album Keith Jarrett Trio "Somewhere" (ECM - 2009) the piano of the Steinway Grand Master, vibrating Peacock double bass strings, and DeJohnette's delicate hi-hat drums were clearly present in the room, creating thus a perfectly balanced picture rich in detail and texture, providing the perfect insight into the emotional core of trio music.
Stereo I Kolorowo-Underground, Poland, May 2019
I25 Prisma + DD35: On the must hear list
The I25 Prisma is a dike of an amplifier that plays music easily and naturally. From the first note you have the impression that the view is just right. No emphasis on a particular aspect, simply a complete picture. The DD35 CD transport will make every true CD enthusiast happy. Beautifully built and equally good sounding. Anyone who is looking for a new amplifier or CD player would be doing themselves a serious injustice if both Primare devices are not put on their must hear list!
Music Emotion, The Netherlands, October 2018, Download PDF
I35 + CD35: CD35/I35 Best New Components
A new series that has evolved dramatically enough to establish a new level for the brand.
Audio Accessory, Japan, Summer 2018, Download PDF
I35 + CD35: Notable New Products File
In addition to the beauty of being natural sounding, depth and transparency are further enhanced... a design that harmonises Scandinavian warmth and sophistication.
Stereo, Japan, June 2018, Download PDF
CD35: CD with potential
So, success? Of course. It is enough that CD35 offers a potentially attractive and interesting expansion option for the Prisma network player module, which will turn this disc player into a true multi-format source, in addition to being a class-leading player. A CD about free, open, natural and - most importantly - engaging sound. Feeling the sound of progress, without a doubt. RECOMMENDED
Audio Video, Poland, December 2018, Download PDF
I35 Prisma + CD35 Prisma: Primare CD35/I35 Prisma
There's something deeply alluring about this streaming CD player/ integrated amp combination, in both sound and function. An enjoyable music maker, it brings together a myriad different digital sources under one roof - so to speak - and allows easy control of them all. In turn, this makes it easier to appreciate the music without being distracted by the technology. Now there's a thought for the future... HIGHLY COMMENDED
HiFi News, UK, March 2019, Download PDF
I35 Prisma + CD 35 Prisma: Dream couple with qualities
CD35 Prisma + I35 Prisma: Primare's CD player / amp combinations are known for their technical sophistication, but the new 35-series dwarfs all its predecessors.
Stereoplay, Germany, August 2018, Download PDF
I35 Prisma + CD35 Prisma: Versatility at its best
Primare is among the most consistent class-leading high-end brands of the last few decades, continuing to refine a balanced and coherent sound. These new I35 and CD35 Prisma models are still following this more evolutionary course. However, a true revolution, and certainly for this brand, is now suddenly the maximum seamless integration of almost all digital source standards currently available. Add to this the maximum sound quality, and the trouble-free and smooth operation of the app for each of these sources, and the Primare team has seen the light again!
Music Emotion, The Netherlands, March 2018, Download PDF
CD35: The most beautiful of all CD players
It's true, the Primary CD35 surprised us. Such a beautiful CD player, one does not trust too much. But here we had to learn a lesson: the pretty sounds also beguilingly good... always playful, informative, but never hard. Only a few CD players can do that - and if so, they are much higher in terms of pricing.
LowBeats, Germany, March 2018
I35 DAC + CD35: Beautiful and multi-functional
Rarely, has Primare equipment been so extensively equipped. Here is truly a great way of playing. Here you will find everyone has his perfect (including streaming) solution, tailored to your needs within each model. The CD35 is truly the best the Swedes have ever built and the I35 DAC is just awesome...
HiFi Stars, Germany, March-May 2018, Download PDF
Awards and Reviews
We are not the only ones convinced that Primare Products create a remarkable sound experience. Read what journalists around the world have to say.
We would like to help!
Want more information or a demonstration? Ready to buy? Contact us using this information request form and we will do our best to answer your questions and connect you to one of our distributors and dealers.
MSRP 1900 €
Price may vary due to differences in currency, sales and import taxes.
- CD TransportTEAC CD 5020A-AT
- DACESS Sabre ES9028PRO
- XLR1 x stereo pair analog output
- RCA1 x stereo pair analog output
- RCA1 digital output
- 1 digital output
- C25 remoteIR system control
- IR input3.5 mm in/out
- 12V Trigger3.5 mm in/out
- RS232outboard system control port
- Prismacontrol and connectivity
- USB1 digital input
- Ethernetx 2
- Chromecast built-in
- Spotify Connect
- Dimensions430 x 385 x 106 mm with buttons and connectors
- Weight10.8 kg
- Finishesblack or titanium
- Prisma Chromecast built-in TIDAL HiFi Voucher
- CD35 Prisma Design Brief
- CD35 Design Brief
- DD35 Design Brief
- Prisma Chromecast built-in Quick Start Guide
- CD35 Prisma User Guide V2
- CD35 User Guide V2
- DD35 User Guide V2
- Primare Update for Windows
- CD35 RS232 Command list 2018-11-12
- DD35 RS232 Command list 2018-10-30
DD35 – CD transport
DD35 is a CD transport, designed to partner any high performance digital to analog converter, and in particular the Primare I25 DAC, I25 Prisma, I35 DAC, I35 Prisma, PRE35 DAC, and PRE35 Prisma models of integrated amplifiers and preamplifiers.
- Design Philosophy
- Drive Technology
- Digital Output Technology
- System Building
All of Primare designs are a result of our Practical Design Approach, resulting in a focus on two fundamental design elements:
- Thoroughly implemented power supply designs – so that all elements of any design to operate effortlessly at their fullest effectiveness. Every product and sub-circuit demands unique power supply solutions – a more conventional linear supply or advanced switch mode main supply may work best dependent upon the application, and carefully crafted individual discrete power supplies are strategically inserted into the circuit to deliver power exactly where and how much is needed.
- Artfully crafted ultra-short signal paths – so that each individual component and sub circuit operates sympathetically to achieve a cohesive whole. Elegant and simple electrical designs are used in even the most complex product, utilizing ultra-short signal paths with all gain in one device whenever possible. Ultimately, this results in fewer, higher quality parts for a reduction in associated distortions and an increase in overall electrical efficiency.
To that end, basic technologies have been selected to realize those benefits:
- 2 and 4-layer double-sided circuit board construction allows for the most direct and efficient layout of circuit components not only for the shortest signal path, but also to more easily achieve a sympathetic layout of circuit and sub-circuit components for best performance.
- Surface mount components are used whenever possible as this allows for direct connection of the circuit device or component to the circuit board trace with the solder being used solely to mechanically hold the part in place. The elimination of the small metal lead or wire at each connection point in a more conventional large scale circuit device or component cumulatively shortens the signal path. Additionally, conventional large scale components demand through hole or “eyelet” construction, limiting direct contact of the component’s lead to the circuit board trace and resulting in the solder providing electrical connection as well as mechanical connection for the device. Neither solder nor the metal used in the leads of most large scale devices provide the best signal transmission, therefore limiting potential performance of even the best designed circuits.
The TEAC CD 5020A-AT is an isolated transport that is adjustable for precise, smooth tray loading, and low clamp noise. An internal interphase I2S and SPDIF digital audio interface combined with buffered memory is utilized for improved performance.
Digital Output Technology
Key to assuring that the digital signal from the drive is delivered to any DAC connected to DD35 as precisely as possible, a dedicated isolated power supply feed is provided to the digital output stage to allow for extremely low noise output.
Power Supply Technology
A custom linear power supply, with an isolated dedicated direct supply for the digital output section, is combined with a switch mode standby supply (turned off when in playback mode to minimize noise) to deliver on demand the precise power needed.
DD35 is designed to provide the lowest noise digital signal from compact discs so any high performance digital to analog converters, like those found in the Primare I25 DAC, I25 Prisma, I35 DAC, I35 Prisma, PRE35 DAC, and PRE35 Prisma models of integrated amplifiers and preamplifiers.